New comms facility for Cisco
Location: Portcullis House, Watford
Project type: New comms facility
Scope: power distribution, cooling, lighting
Construction value: £350k
Cisco is a leader in networking solutions for the internet. It’s hardware, software, and services enable secure networking of information across computer systems, devices, and time zones around the world. Cisco’s Portcullis House location in Watford required the construction of a new communications facility. Mint MEP undertook the MEP services consultancy work on the project for ECO of London and Source 8.
The project required Mint MEP to provide detailed design services for MEP services to a new business distribution centre.
This project encompassed:
- The design solution for the new mains power supply
- The scheme for the electrical power distribution, including uninterruptible power supply and measures to ensure system resilience
- The lighting solution for the facility to provide energy efficiency as well as operational performance
- The cooling system via refrigerant-based cooling to ensure optimum performance of the centre
- Witness testing for the installed design solution which was accepted prior to handover of the centre
Overall Mint MEP’S consultancy role contributed towards the construction of this new fully functional communications centre, on time and on budget, completed to high standards.